The Language Centre of FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg is looking to fill the following positions, from Oct 1, 2022:
- 0.67 lecturer position (12 contact hours) for English (EASP). This position is permanent.
- 0.5 lecturer position (9 contact hours) for English (EASP). This position is initially available for 3 years; potential to become permanent.
- Teaching general EAP at a range of proficiency levels from B1 to C1, CEFR
- Teaching English for Natural Scientists and/or Technical English (depending on your academic background), at ESP proficiency levels from B2 to C1, CEFR
- Developing and conducting mixed skills classes as well as classes focusing on academic writing and academic speaking
- Designing and conducting oral and written exams at level UNIcert® II and III
- General administrative tasks within the department
- Conducting mobility tests
- Actively contributing to Continuing Professional Development within the department.
- Academic degree (Master, State Exam, or higher), preferably in the area of teaching English
- Native(-like) competence in English
- Working command of German
- Experience in teaching English, preferably EAP and/or ESP (technology or natural sciences) in a tertiary setting
- Familiarity with standard office software
- Extensive experience in using media for teaching
- Background in Natural Sciences and/or Technology (strongly desired)
- Familiarity with the UNIcert® system
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Resilience and flexibility
Please send your application, including the customary documents, by June 12, 2022 to:
Dr. Kristina Maul, Head of EASP Department, The Language Centre, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg.
Please send your application via email in one pdf file.
Please indicate on your application which of the two posts you are applying for.