Fees for courses
Fees for courses
Students at FAU
All students enrolled at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität are exempt from paying fees for regular semester courses pursuant to the Fee Regulations of the Language Centre. Participants in an exchange programme (Erasmus, DAAD etc.) are also exempt from paying fees.
Language courses held during the semester break:
- Courses which students can choose to take in the semester break, for example for refreshing their language skills or preparing for special examinations such as UNIcert® are subject to a fee pursuant to the Fee Regulations of the Language Centre (€25 / semester hour).
Participants in German intensive holiday courses (FIT courses) should please note the special terms and conditions for these courses.
- Students at FAU are exempt from paying fees if the course they intend taking in the semester break is not offered in the semester following the semester break.
- Guest students and early students (students who start to study whilst still at school) may also register for language courses where places are available.
You must enrol as a guest student with the Student Records Office before registering for a language course. Guest students must still pay €30 / semester hour (SWS) for language courses at the Language Centre. This also applies to students who are enrolled at another university, a university of applied sciences or a college.
They should register for courses in the same way as FAU students.
- FAU staff pay fees of €30 / semester hour (SWS). There is no need to register with the Admissions Office as a guest student. They should register for courses in the same way as FAU students.
- Those taking DSH courses have to pay a fee stipulated by the Förderverein zur Internationalisierung der Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg e.V.