Writing in German for non-native German speakers
The Writing Centre offers individual consultations for international students and FAU staff.
Appointments can be made for the following times:
17:00; 18:00 (Bismarckstr. 1a, 01.023 or online, Jara)
14:30, 15:30 (Bismarckstr. 1a, 01.023 or online, Jasmin)
10:00, 11:00 (online, Jamin)
- For appointment requests at alternate times simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Appointments usually last around 45 minutes.
- If you booked an online consultation, you will receive a Zoom link prior to the meeting.
- If you can’t make it to your appointment, please cancel via the online booking tool at least 24 hours in advance.
- What we do: We provide advice on (academic) writing. We analyse your text with you and give tips on various aspects of it.
- What we do not do: We do not correct your text and we cannot answer any questions regarding the content. Only experts in your department can help you with the content.
In addition, special courses on (academic) writing are held for German language learners at the Language Centre. You will find the relevant semester courses in UnivIS.