Language tandems at the Self-Access Language Learning Centre
What is a language tandem?
- A language tandem is a partnership between two (or more) people with different native languages with the purpose of practising language skills.
- It is an informal exchange, where the partners meet to share their language and culture and help each other in an informal atmosphere, without teachers or lesson plans.
Advantages of the tandem programme at the Self-Access Language Learning Centre
- Flexibility – you decide how often, how long and where you want to meet …and what you want to talk about
- Assistance – we can help you to find a suitable tandem partner
- Advice – we can give you tips for learning, help you decide which topics to discuss, and provide advice on conversation techniques, correcting mistakes and finding suitable material and media
- Rooms – If you like, you are welcome to use our rooms at the Self-Access Language Learning Centre for your language tandem
Please fill in the form available via the link below if you are interested in a language tandem. We will be in touch as soon as we have found a suitable tandem partner.