EASP | Courses
Placement Tests in Winter Semester 2020/21 (#CoronaVirus)
Please note that the Language Centre's course programme will, in the coming winter semester, once again be as broad and exhaustive as possible. Where courses have had to be cancelled, this is indicated on UnivIS. Please note that placement tests will, this once, be carried out online. All relevant information on placement testing can be found here.
The courses we offer as a department are geared towards all students, including doctoral candidates, and towards academic and non-academic members of staff. Courses are available at levels B1+ to C1 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and are organized in “levels“. Those wishing to participate in our courses must first sit a placement test.
Participation in courses
- Courses generally commence in the second teaching week of the semester
- During the first teaching week of the semester students will receive an email informing them about their status in courses they have registered for (participant or on a waiting list)
- Only confirmed participants are entitled to attend the first class. Students who have not registered or who are still on the waiting list will be turned away by the teacher.
- Participants who miss the first class and do not excuse themselves:
- lose their place in the course to a student on the waiting list
- will have the status “unexcused course withdrawal” (UE, unentschuldigt abgebrochen) entered in their account in OKTIS. This status will also be entered for those students who drop out of a course during the semester without notifying their teacher or the department.
- Experience has shown that during the first couple of weeks a number of places become free in courses. Students on waiting lists will be allocated places according to their priority status (date/time of registration, course of study, semester, etc.) and will be notified by email.
Regular participation is compulsory. The attendance regulations can be found here.