EASP | Courses
Informationen for course registration in winter semester 2022/23
The courses we offer as a department are geared towards all students, including doctoral candidates, and towards academic and non-academic members of staff. Courses are available at levels B1+ to C1 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and are organized in “levels“. Those wishing to participate in our courses must first sit a placement test.
Participation in courses
- Courses generally commence in the second teaching week of the semester
- During the first teaching week of the semester students will receive an email informing them about their status in courses they have registered for (participant or on a waiting list)
- Only confirmed participants are entitled to attend the first class. Students who have not registered or who are still on the waiting list will be turned away by the teacher.
- Participants who miss the first class and do not excuse themselves:
- lose their place in the course to a student on the waiting list
- will have the status “unexcused course withdrawal” (UE, unentschuldigt abgebrochen) entered in their account in OKTIS. This status will also be entered for those students who drop out of a course during the semester without notifying their teacher or the department.
- Experience has shown that during the first couple of weeks a number of places become free in courses. Students on waiting lists will be allocated places according to their priority status (date/time of registration, course of study, semester, etc.) and will be notified by email.
Regular participation is compulsory. The attendance regulations can be found here.